WE ARE ACCEPTING SUBMISSIONS FOR 2022/23! SEND US YOUR AUDITION VIDEO TODAY!
Do you love contemporary a cappella? Are you a singer looking for a great musical community? This is the page for you! Everyone of all ages and from all walks of life is welcome to submit to SoundCrowd, there are no restrictions. And even after we close audition submissions for the season you can still send an audition video to us at any time to be considered in the future.
– What do I need to prepare? – A video of yourself (1-2 minutes) performing any pop or rock song that YOU do well. It doesn’t have to be a cappella – you can sing along to a track. Pick something that shows you off the best and go for it! Please specify in your submission if you would also like to be considered for the Performance Team.
– What are the expectations? – To be considered for the Full Ensemble, you should have a working knowledge of music and be able to hold your own vocally. No formal training is required, but the ability to read music is an asset. If you would also like to be considered for the Performance Team you’ll need to be able to read music, have a strong singing voice, a decent ear, the ability to move well and possess a flexible schedule. Formal training in music and/or performance is a definite asset.
Once you’ve uploaded your audition (unlisted setting), please submit your YouTube link to firstname.lastname@example.org. When the Artistic Director has reviewed your video he will contact you to book an interview over Zoom, which may potentially include: an informal discussion with the creative team; ear testing; brief sight reading; singing your chosen song live.
Break a leg, and have fun!
- Anyone wishing to sing in-person with SoundCrowd will be required to be TRIPLE vaccinated for the safety of all. For those who cannot join in-person for whatever reason we will also offer Zoom for rehearsals, BUT IN-PERSON ATTENDANCE IS REQUIRED FOR PARTICIPATION IN SOUNDCROWD.
- Masks will be required for in-person REHEARSALS. MASKING FOR PERFORMANCES WILL BE DETERMINED BASED ON VENUE, CURRENT MANDATES, COMFORT LEVELS, ACCESS TO TESTING, ETC.
- Physical distancing between each singer will be OBSERVED for all in-person singing.
- Proper hand sanitization techniques are highly encouraged. Members may bring their own hand sanitizer.
- APPROPRIATE BREAKS WILL BE TAKEN AS NEEDED.